Friday, August 04, 2006

What kind of coke do you want?

The most asked series of questions...at least where I grew up..."Want a Coke? Ok...what kind?" :) I remember our youth pastor from Tulsa that tried to get us to say "Pop"........ummm..."you've got to be kidding me".

However, he did make a good point. One time while preaching on a Sunday night (because that's when youth pastors preach :) ) he said "I've got to settle something. The generic word for a carbonated drink is not 'Coke'....it's 'pop'. *a hush fell over the audience* When we go out to our into the parking lot and go home tonight, we all don't go out to our Buick's...we go out to our VEHICLES!!"

Ok Stuart...THIS one is for you!!! [click here]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks daniel!! that was fun.....

Girl Raised in the South said...

I think it's Back to the Future that has the scene where he orders a coke, they ask what kind, and he doesn't get it. We've moved all over the country and one thing that is different everywhere we go is what "coke" is called. I'm not a purist so I just order, "give me a diet...." if it's cold, over ice I could care less. Up in PA they call it a soda. ND is pop. The south is surely a coke, that is if you're not a Dr. Pepper addict.....

Anonymous said...

Fun! And wow! You posted several days in a row!!!