Tuesday, November 29, 2005

That's it! DON'T annunciate!!

Wal-Mart has really had bad service lately. No one cares. But, as my motto goes, "It ALWAYS boils back down to management." Poor employee attitudes are resulted from poor management attitude.

Anyway, last night at 9:30 I was walking the aisles and heard the announcement of all announcements over the intercom: "Attenshun WalMarks shappas. Tha jury department is now closed. Again, the JUUUUURRY department is now closed! Thank yew!"

I will say that I laughed.....then shook my head.....and finished spending a lot of money that drove the Wal-Mart (or WalMarks) stock, that I don't own, even higher than it already is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you could have just seen me crack up when I read that...I miss you! Where have you been?

Anonymous said...

LOL... I can hear it now over the intercom... I’m sure you know not to get me started on Wally World... but I think I figured it out... They didn't set the store wide communication standards bar at “proper annunciation”…. they set the bar at “common understanding”. You and I both know that juuuuurrry and jewelry are the same thing…. thus… their level of corporate excellence was met.

Maybe we should all lower our standards bar, that way we’ll always meet and exceed our goals.

Anonymous said...

Did you buy Kristen some juuuuuurry while you where there?

Anonymous said...

well y'all have 6 months...time to put the fear of the Lord in him! lol